Filing and Payment Deadline Extended
The deadlines to FILE and PAY 2019 federal income taxes are postponed to July 15, 2020.
Economic Impact Payments
We started distributing economic impact payments in April. Most people will get their payments automatically and will not need to take any action. Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file to receive a payment. Instead, payments will be automatically deposited into their bank accounts. Please do not call the IRS about this.
Coronavirus-Related Paid Leave for Workers
You are entitled to paid sick leave, either to tend to your own health needs or to care for a family member.
Online Tax Help
IRS has several online resources to help taxpayers.
- Free File: Prepare and file your federal income tax return for free.
- Where’s My Refund?: An online tool that will track your tax refund.
- Online Payment Agreements: Apply for a payment plan to pay your balance over time.
- IRS2Go mobile app: Check your refund status, make a payment, find free tax preparation assistance, sign up for helpful tax tips, and more.
- Online Account: View your tax balance and payment history.